The Turkish coffee benefits as well as its possible side effects is a very important issue that every lover and consumer of this coffee needs to know. One of the most common and popular types of coffee that we all know is definitely Turkish coffee, so it is useful to know the properties and characteristics of this coffee, and we can decide that it is better to eat this coffee Or not?
Read more: Coffee Mask
What is Turk coffee?
This coffee was created in Middle Eastern European countries including Turkey, Iran and Greece. Turkish coffee, which is made from roasted coffee beans, is one of the popular drinks in Turkey and Greece and many countries around the world due to its strong taste and special method of preparation and serving.
After adding the coffee powder and reaching the desired level, pour it into the coffee maker and then drink it in a cup. Consuming Turkish coffee on an empty stomach increases the concentration of caffeine compared to other consumption methods.
The Turkish Coffee Benefits
- ✔️ Coffee can be consumed without any sweetness or it is usually prepared with moderate amounts of sugar. Drinking 2 cups of Turkish coffee per day reduces the risk of colon cancer and gallstones by 45%.
- ✔️ The caffeine found in coffee stimulates the nervous system, supplies the lack of energy and also forces the body not to oversleep.
- ✔️ According to studies, the thinking potential of a person who drinks 6 cups of coffee a day at the age of 55 is about 6 times higher than that of people who do not drink coffee.
- ✔️ Another remarkable result is that people who consume coffee have less tooth decay than others.
- ✔️ By drinking coffee, the flow of energy in the body is replenished, and this energy in children begins to decrease after three hours, while it lasts for 5 to 7 hours in adults.
- ✔️ Research proves that it increases metabolism and fat burning.
- ✔️ In addition, it is also effective for treating depression.
- ✔️ Turkish coffee is not harmful to health, 50 mg of caffeine in a cup of coffee can be easily removed from the body and has a calming effect.
- ✔️ When you drink more than one cup of coffee, it may make you restless and a little sleepless.
- ✔️ Reducing the risk of breast cancer.
- ✔️ Drinking half a cup of coffee a day also reduces the risk of asthma and makes breathing easier.
- ✔️ Bone healing.
- ✔️ It also protects against type 2 diabetes.
- ✔️ Eliminates other skin problems.
- ✔️ Prevents high blood pressure.
- ✔️ Reduces pancreatic cancer.
- ✔️ It will improve heart health.
- ✔️ Regulates bowel function.
Read more: The #27 Coffee Benefits
Many people choose Turkish coffee, so that they can stay awake until morning or have more energy during the day. For those who need rich and strong coffee, Turkish coffee can be a great choice.
1. Improves sports activity:
Coffee is a natural stimulant that can increase athletic and mental performance. It provides a higher level of caffeine than other coffees, which may also be beneficial for athletes. A study of 20 athletes found that participants who consumed Turkish coffee had significant performance benefits over other athletes.
2. Turkish coffee contains useful compounds:
Turkish coffee may contain higher amounts of beneficial compounds than other coffees.
They contain compounds such as: chlorogenic acids, which are antioxidants and polyphenols and are very beneficial for health.
For example, this acid is effective for improving inflammation, blood sugar, cholesterol levels and high blood pressure. One study found that coffee made from ground brown beans contained higher amounts of chlorogenic acids than other coffees.
It also contains other compounds such as diterpenoid which can reduce inflammation, stop infection and bring heart health.
3. Turkish coffee to deal with mental weakness:
Caffeinated coffee may protect your brain against certain neurological diseases, such as Alzheimer’s. In the health section of Namanak and in the discussion of the properties of Turkish coffee, you will read that according to studies conducted among 29 thousand people, they found that coffee is the most consumed to prevent the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and 27% has reduced it.
Other studies have shown that coffee consumption also reduces the risk of stroke and Parkinson’s disease.
4. Turkish coffee can have protective effects against some specific diseases:
Drinking Turkish coffee may reduce the risk of certain diseases, including diabetes and heart disease, and a study found that every cup of coffee consumed per day reduced the risk of type 2 diabetes by 7%. comes with
Another study showed that regular consumption of 3 to 5 cups of coffee per day caused a 15% reduction in heart disease, and healthy coffee consumption also greatly reduced the risk of depression, liver cancer, endometrial cancer, and liver cirrhosis.
Adding cardamom can provide additional benefits, Turkish coffee is often prepared using cardamom. Cardamom, a delicious spice, comes with other health benefits. For example, cardamom contains powerful antioxidants that can help reduce inflammation and thus reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
A study in rats showed that its extract is highly effective for inflammatory compounds and inhibits some harmful enzymes, and we’ve mentioned many times in the moist health section that it may also help fight cancer and has antibacterial properties. .
5. Turk coffee improves blood circulation:
One study found that caffeine stimulates the heart in a way that causes it to pump more blood than usual. Using non-invasive laser Doppler flowmetry, the researchers found that after drinking a cup of coffee, participants experienced a 30 percent increase in blood circulation in their fingers for 75 minutes.
Blood carries oxygen, which muscles need to function. The more oxygen the muscles receive, the better they can perform.
The better your muscles function, the better your physical activity will be.
6. Turkish coffee reduces pain:
Consuming two to three cups of Turkish coffee reduced the amount of pain felt by the participants in this study. By consuming coffee, the participants reduced their muscle pain by 48%; Meanwhile, the amount of pain reduction by naproxen and aspirin drugs was 30 and 25%, respectively.
Side effects of Turkish coffee
In case of excessive consumption, the following side effects may appear.
1. causing stomach and digestion problems:
Not all people who drink coffee develop digestive problems or stomach rumblings, but most people with irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, gastritis, peptic ulcers, and Crohn’s disease find that their digestive system is irritated when they drink coffee. And their stomach problems get worse.
Over time, drinking coffee increases the production of acid in your stomach. This increase in acid secretion weakens the stomach wall, making it vulnerable to bacteria such as (Helicobacter pylori, the cause of stomach ulcers) and the destruction of stomach tissue by them. And these effects are not limited to the stomach!
Coffee can also irritate the small intestine, causing stomach cramps, abdominal spasms, constipation, and intermittent diarrhea (a condition known as irritable bowel syndrome). Fortunately, these are among the rare side effects of caffeine consumption.
2. Increasing acid production with high consumption of Turkish coffee:
Coffee increases acid production; Especially hydrochloric acid and stomach acid. Both of these acids are necessary for the breakdown of food in the stomach. However, the presence of too much acid in the stomach causes some problems.
Excess acid may eat away at the stomach lining (causing ulcers), or may increase the likelihood of acid backing up into the esophagus (gastroesophageal reflux).
These problems increase especially when coffee is the first thing you drink at the start of the day. In this situation, there is nothing else in your stomach that can reduce the effects of the acid.
3. Increase in blood pressure with excessive consumption of Turkish coffee:
Caffeine increases your blood pressure. However, did you know that high blood pressure is caused by vascular resistance, not increased heart rate or blood circulation?
It means that caffeine makes your heart have to work harder to send blood to all parts of the body. High blood pressure is one of the common risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
Approximately 70 million American adults (29% of the population) suffer from high blood pressure. If you also have high blood pressure, it is better to know that coffee consumption worsens your problem.
Read more: The #18 Coffee Side Effects
The method of brewing Turkish coffee
In order to brew a great and tasty Turkish coffee, you need tasty coffee beans. To make a perfect Turkish coffee, your coffee beans must be completely powdered and have a uniform state.
- A teaspoon of Turkish coffee beans per person
- One cup of water per person (you can use milk if you want)
- A teaspoon of sugar per person
- A pot of coffee
How to prepare Turk coffee (Recipe)
First, for each person, pour a teaspoon of coffee powder and a cup of cold water into the coffee maker and stir.
Then, if you wish, drink your coffee sweet, add a teaspoon of sugar for each person to the cold water and coffee and put the coffee pot on a low heat until it boils slowly.
After about 5 minutes, the coffee starts to move and rise, and you can stir slowly, and after two minutes, remove the pot of coffee from the heat, pour it into cups and enjoy.
|⚠️ Pay Attention Please!
This article was prepared by an expert. But this is for general information only. Before any action, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Beneficially is not responsible for any damages or losses!
- turkish coffee benefits for skin
- is turkish coffee good for weight loss
- is turkish coffee good for liver
- is turkish coffee bad for you
- is turkish coffee stronger than espresso
- how to make turkish coffee
- turkish coffee calories
- turkish coffee caffeine vs regular coffee