Cumin tea is one of the herbal teas with many properties and benefits that can bring great results to its consumers. The way to prepare and consume this drink is different depending on what you are aiming for. If you want to use this drink for weight loss, you must follow a specific recipe.
What is cumin plant?
In order to be able to prepare cumin tea, it is necessary to first get to know cumin itself, a seed that has a pleasant aroma and is used both for medical purposes and as a spice in cooking.
Cumin is divided into two main categories; Cumin and black cumin Carum carvi. In this article, our main focus is on black cumin or Iranian cumin, which is sometimes known as Kerman cumin.
In terms of appearance, it can be said that the cumin plant is similar to a carrot plant, its leaves are about 20-30 cm and the height of the plant itself is about 50 cm. Its fruit (erroneously called a seed) is two millimeters long, crescent-shaped, with 5 prominent lines, and is exactly what we are looking for.
Read more: Licorice Tea
How to prepare cumin tea at home
For cumin tea, you can grind it into powder with a stone or porcelain mortar and use it in food, yogurt and powder, or you can use it to prepare herbal tea.
Black cumin seeds are very popular because of their high medicinal and medical value, but if you have a hot nature, our recommendation is that if you are one of those people who have a warm nature, use cumin and if you have a cold nature You have black cumin, which we will examine in the following ways to prepare this tea for different uses.
It is necessary to mention this important point; Since cumin contains essential oils and volatile substances, it is better to grind it in a mortar only when you intend to prepare tea, if you do this in advance, you have reduced a significant amount of the properties and benefits of your cumin tea .
1. Cumin tea for weight loss
As we said, you can use both types of cumin or black cumin to prepare cumin tea, but for weight loss, we recommend using cumin tea because of its anti-cholesterol and anti-fat properties.
The ideal time to consume this decoction for weight loss is to eat half a glass of it, half an hour to one hour before each meal. You will see how to prepare this tea below.
- Cumin: one teaspoon (you can also use a combination of cumin and black cumin)
- Water: one and a half cups (preferably purified water)
- Honey: half a teaspoon (as flavoring and seasoning)
How to prepare
In the first step, put cumin seeds in a teapot and heat it for five seconds, then add water and wait until the water starts to boil.
In the second step, after the water boils, remove the lid of the teapot and wait for approximately 4 minutes. Pass the decoction through a strainer and pour it into a cup, and at the end, add honey to it and enjoy your cumin tea drink.
2. Black cumin tea for indigestion
One of the most common problems in people suffering from indigestion is indigestion, which can be easily reduced with black cumin tea.
The way to use this decoction, which we will tell you about how to prepare it, is to take it half an hour after a meal with a little candy.
- Black cumin: one teaspoon
- Purified water: one bevan
- Vegetables: as much as needed
- Fresh lemon juice: a few drops
How to prepare:
How to prepare and consume this herbal tea is very simple like most decoctions, and as soon as you know the proportions used, you can easily prepare it at home.
Before use, grind cumin seeds completely with a grinder and turn them into powder. Next, bring the water to boiling temperature and pour the mixture of boiling water and cumin powder into a preferably Chinese teapot and place it on a very gentle and indirect heat for ten minutes and throw a clean cloth over the teapot until it is infused. You breathe.
After brewing, you should pass the decoction through a strainer and then add candy or honey as a sweetener to the brew and add a few drops of lemon juice to it while drinking and enjoy your cumin tea.
The nutritional value of cumin tea
One of the main topics in the preparation and consumption of food is the nutritional value table. Cumin tea has a wide range of nutrients, which allows you to get them by drinking a cup of this tea. Studies show that a cup of boiled cumin has the following nutritional value:
Note: The term DV (Percent Daily Value) is a quantity of people’s daily requirement that the nutrient in the supplement provides.
- Calories: 22
- Protein: 1.3 grams
- Fat: 0.9 grams
- Carbohydrates: 3.34 grams
- Fiber: 2.6 grams
- Copper: 6.7% DV
- Iron: 6.1% for women
- Magnesium: 5.4% of the DV
- Manganese: 4.8% for women
- Calcium: 3.6% of the DV
- Zinc: 4.6% for women
Side effects of cumin tea
After the investigations, we will face the issue of who cumin tea is dangerous for and in which cases it is necessary that you be careful when consuming it.
It is necessary to point out that consuming more than 3 cups of this tea during the day can be associated with many complications. Below is a list of the most important possible side effects of this tea:
- Consumption of green cumin decoction for hot-tempered people and black cumin tea for hot-tempered people should be done with caution.
- Black cumin tea can be dangerous for pregnant women, because it increases the possibility of miscarriage.
- Consuming too much of this decoction can cause heartburn for people. Consuming too much of this tea is associated with a decrease in blood sugar, so it is recommended that diabetics and those who take medication should consult their doctor before use.
- Cumin tea can have negative effects on the liver and kidneys in the long term.
- This decoction can cause digestive problems and especially belching. Eating cumin tea in large quantities lowers blood pressure in the user.
- This decoction interacts with diabetic drugs such as insulin, chlorpropamide, tolbutamide and pioglitazone.
- It is forbidden to drink this tea for those who have surgery, two weeks before the operation.
Read more: Nettle Tea
Cumin tea benefits
Seeing the previous part about the possible side effects of cumin tea, many people ask themselves the question, why should they consume a decoction with so many risks and side effects?
You need to know that this tea is one of the most useful herbal teas that can bring great results and properties for your health, the most important of which we will review below:
- This decoction is one of the main healers and relievers of intestinal problems.
- This tea can play an important role in reducing body inflammations such as muscle cramps, gas, diarrhea, etc.
- As we said, this tea can be very useful and effective for those who have digestive problems such as indigestion, stomach ulcers, flatulence, etc.
- Studies show that this tea can be very effective in losing weight.
- Opening menstruation, reducing the pains of this period and regulating menstruation in women is another benefit of cumin tea.
- Treating infant colic and increasing milk in nursing mothers.
- Due to its warm nature, this decoction is also very useful in increasing sexual power.
- Lowering blood pressure and increasing heart health due to having potassium.
- Regulating body metabolism and increasing energy in people.
- Relief of dry coughs and expectorant properties
|⚠️ Pay Attention Please!
This article was prepared by an expert. But this is for general information only. Before any action, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Beneficially is not responsible for any damages or losses!
- how to make cumin tea
- cumin tea benefits weight loss
- side effects of cumin water
- cumin seeds side effects on periods
- cumin skin benefits
- cumin tea side effects
- cumin tea benefits for periods
- black cumin tea benefits