Rosemary is one of the well-known herbs in pharmacy and has been used for centuries in Europe, Asia and America to treat many diseases. Today, the properties of this plant have scientific support by conducting various researches and experiments.
Read more: Olive Leaf Tea
What is rosemary tea?
Rosemary tea is prepared from the leaves and small fresh branches of the rosemary plant native to the eastern Mediterranean region.
The dry type can also be used to prepare this tea.
Rosemary has a herbal aroma with a lemon and earthy theme. The taste of rosemary tea is similar to pine, and its color is bright yellow and has a spicy aroma.
Uses of rosemary tea
- Among the various benefits of rosemary, we can mention regulation of blood circulation or weight loss.
- In the past, rosemary was used in spiritual ceremonies or funerals to show the utmost respect.
- The plant was placed directly on the tombstone.
- Rosemary is currently used in Australia on Anzac Day.
- Today, rosemary tea is used as medicine in Ayurvedic medicine. The oil of this plant is very effective for hair growth.
- The aroma of rosemary oil is very useful for people with Alzheimer’s because it increases memory and brain function.
- Its oil and tea regulate blood circulation due to its anti-swelling and inflammation properties, and for this reason, it is very suitable for preventing heart diseases.
- By reducing inflammation in the veins, especially the arteries, rosemary tea moderates and reduces high blood pressure.
Read more: Linden Tea
Benefits of rosemary tea
Drinking rosemary tea increases the strength of the immune system. This tea has a pleasant aroma and a pine-like taste, which is very invigorating and has rejuvenating properties.
1. Easy digestion with Rose Mary tea
Drinking rosemary tea improves digestion and relaxes the body.
Rosemary has antispasmodic properties and thus reduces gas and bloating.
In addition, this plant protects the beneficial bacteria of the stomach and improves the absorption of nutrients. This plant contains carnosic acid.
This substance balances the amount of bacteria in the large intestine and stomach.
Drinking rosemary tea during diseases such as inflamed stomach makes digestion easier.
A healthy stomach is a stomach that can easily expel infection and have easy digestion as a result.
This ease in digestion, absorption and excretion helps in weight loss.
2. Elimination of free radicals in the body with rosemary tea
Rosemary contains a significant amount of antioxidants and thus prevents the damage caused by free radicals to the body.
As you know, free radicals cause oxidative stress in the body and cause rust in the body.
Oxidative stress is one of the main factors in causing diseases such as Alzheimer’s, premature aging and some types of cancer.
The antioxidant activity of rosemary tea repels and neutralizes free radicals and thus prevents the creation of oxidative stress.
Flavonides and polyphenols are among the active antioxidants in rosemary tea.
3. Improving the immune system from the properties of rosemary tea
Rosemary plant is one of the substances that increase the function of the immune system due to its rich antioxidants and vitamins.
Its tea has a lot of vitamin C and prevents viral and bacterial diseases.
Rosemary tea contains a lot of vitamin A, magnesium, potassium and calcium, all of which are effective in boosting the immune system.
Read more: Basil Tea
4. Regulation of blood sugar and heart health are properties of rosemary tea
Due to the presence of luteolin, carnosol and camphene in rosemary, this plant can be effective in regulating blood sugar.
According to a research on rosemary, it was found that due to the presence of rosmarinic present in this plant, it prevents the oxidation of fat and prevents the creation of free radicals.
In another study, rosemary showed that it improves blood circulation and lowers blood pressure.
The reason for this is the blood thinning properties of rosemary.
5. Hair growth from the properties of rosemary tea
Rosemary oil has been used for years to treat premature hair loss and diseases such as alopecia.
Drinking rosemary tea can also have the same effect.
Rosemary promotes relaxation and increases blood circulation, which stimulates hair growth follicles and increases its growth.
You can use rosemary tea as a shampoo or as a hair conditioner to increase your hair growth.
- Rinsing hair with rosemary tea removes dandruff.
- Side effects of rosemary tea
If you are allergic to rosemary plant or a plant from its family, never use rosemary tea.
People who are allergic to aspirin and medicines containing salicylate should not use this tea.
If you feel itchy throat, runny nose or other symptoms of allergy, stop using it immediately.
6. Benefits of rosemary tea during pregnancy
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, be sure to consult your doctor before consuming rosemary tea.
Rosemary compounds can stimulate menstruation and abortion. Excessive consumption of rosemary sometimes causes uterine bleeding.
7. Rosemary tea is a relaxing tea
This fragrant and healthy tea has been used for centuries to improve digestion and improve the body’s immune system.
So by drinking it, relax your digestive system.
Brew yourself a cup of rosemary tea using rosemary from your yard and experience its amazing results.
How to prepare rosemary tea
Rosemary leaves 1 tablespoon
Water 10 oz
✔️ Boil the water.
✔️ Add the leaves to the water and let it steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
Its taste depends on taste, and for this reason, different times are considered for brewing. The longer the leaves are steeped, the stronger the flavor.
✔️ Strain the tea.
✔️ Sweeten the tea with honey or sugar.
✔️ Enjoy its pine-like aroma
This plant is one of the medicinal plants that can be combined with food and drink.
Benefit from its benefits by adding a few rosemary leaves to food or drinking its tea.
Brew it alone or with green tea and use its good properties.
If drinking this tea is combined with a proper diet and exercise, you can feel better and lose weight.
|⚠️ Pay Attention Please!
This article was prepared by an expert. But this is for general information only. Before any action, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Beneficially is not responsible for any damages or losses!
- best time to drink rosemary tea
- rosemary tea side effects
- rosemary tea benefits for skin
- rosemary tea benefits for hair
- clove and rosemary tea benefits
- how to make rosemary tea
- rosemary tea benefits and side effects
- rosemary tea benefits for menstruation